Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday!!

I love Fridays because it means I can catch up on soaps in the afternoon and go to bed without setting the alarm clock. Both of my roommates are gone this weekend, so I'll get a small taste of what living by myself is like. I'm actually moving to my own apartment at the end of April because both of my current roommates are finishing up undergrad at UNL and moving away. It seems like all my friends and potential roommates are either married, moving away, or in dental school (you can only spend so much time with the same people!). Unfortunately the moving date is smack dab in the the middle of finals week, but fortunately for me, Mom and Dad will have to do all the heavy lifting (at least that is my plan).

These are my two roommates and me at Phantom of the Opera when it was in Omaha a few weeks ago. Meghan's on the left and Julie's on the right. I love Phantom of the Opera, and I'm not a musical/opera kind of person! If it comes to a place near you, go!

LUD (Mom just informed me of what LUD stands for, so now I know)-- Sean should have all 20 baby teeth... expect more to come in the back and his front ones to fall out around age 6-7 :) And, we just learned that parents should take their kids to their first dental appointment at age one. I asked Mom, and she waited until I was 6!

13 comments:

The Mad Tern said...

What does LUD stand for?

Amie said...

Yeah, I am dieing to know too!

I LOVE Phantom...the show is so good, and the music is even better!

Anonymous said...

Oh if la girl doesn't know what LUD stands for then I am probably incorrect. And, hey you were probably more like 5 years old when I took you to the dentist. Don't I get any credit for getting you to the orthodontist by age 11?

Rachel said...

well I thought LUD meant Little Uncle Dave b/c Amie and Eric have another Uncle Dave who is older.

Anonymous said...

LUD means LITTLE UNCLE DAVID!! I visited LUD this weekend, and he said no one's seen him next to BUD, lately!

I'm glad you FINALLY put a new entry on your blog. I'm living through you, you know, Rachie!

Geez, I took my kids to the dentist before they were two, Ke, but that may be because you knocked Z's front teeth out. OK, actually, he was almost three, then, and you didn't really do it. It's just that Rachie seems so set on making you look dentally challenged; thought I'd help. I did take the kids to the dentist by the time they were two, though. In every other aspect of motherhood, I fall miserably short of perfection.

Hey, Rach, perfect timing with the Sean's teeth comment. Amy and I were just discussing if he was due to cut any new teeth, but we couldn't get him to let us count his teeth. In case you're wondering, even his teeth are cute!

Rachel said...

ha, I bet his teeth are cute! And Mom's not so dentally challenged.... I never got cavities when she was brushing my teeth :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, if I took you to the dentist at age 1, you may have developed a lifelong fear of dentists and may never have gone to dental school!

Rachel said...

lol no no no, according to my pedo teacher, taking your 1 year old to the dentist familiarizes them with the dentist and makes it a regular activity by the time they are 6 :)

Anonymous said...

How many kids does your pedo teacher have?

The Mad Tern said...

I had all my teeth yanked out before I was two. Then Grammy and Grampy switched us to that new dentist in Fayetteville. The guy in Minoa made quite a mint off Grampy. As many fillings as he did, he must have had his own silver mine.

The Mad Tern said...

Now I know what LAA stands for! She's L'er than LUD.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Gale gave me that name. Her brother Dave might be taller,but I'll bet he's not wider. Maybe I should go with WUD.
Sean has been to the dentist to observe(and get a bag full of toys). He will be sitting in the chair next time.

Rachel said...

Way to be on top of Sean's dental needs!!